Aaron Fowler draws from 12 years as a public school teacher working at both the elementary and middle school level and more than two decades as a songwriter and educational consultant. Aaron is one of sixteen Nationally Credentialed Teaching Artists with Young Audiences.
Aaron also performs for Arts Partners in the duo “Adventures in Story and Song” and is a Kansas Wolf Trap and Baby Artsplay artist.
Thank you very much for working with our students this year. As a talented and very approachable adult, you made a positive and lasting impression. You adapted lessons quickly to match learning and emotional abilities. Lessons were fun and full of lighthearted, no pressure, laughter and direction. The kids have left this year with a sense of “I CAN.”
D. Miner, Sowers Alternative High School, Wichita
We are repeat customers and hope to always be. Songs are catchy and entertaining. I connect with the artist and want to hang out on the porch and jam all summer long. The program provides a mix of entertainment and learning. The hope is that more information is retained because it is presented in such a terrific way. Again the artist is amazing at spontaneously changing during the performance and interacting closely with a small group audience.
S. Bates, Anderson Elementary, Wichita
Aaron was excellent in connecting with students and staff. He has an incredible way of reaching out to audiences, feeding them pertinent information.
G. Cravens, Chisholm Life Skills Center
Aaron’s professionalism brought out the best in the students. His experience helped the students gain confidence from the residency.
R. Valdez, 11th grade, Heights High School, Wichita
He was great! He had the 2nd graders mesmerized. Everyone was singing along.
N. Squire, Art Instructor, Beech Elementary, Wichita
He totally captivated the kids of all ages within seconds of beginning. He encouraged participation from all students. Awesome JOB!
T. Belcher, Linwood Elementary, Wichita
- Celebrations, Traditions and Diversity
- Choice of Weapons: A Lyrical Connection
- Click, Drag and Drop: Songwriting with iPads (4th-8th Grades)
- Engaging Your Students through Songwriting
- It's All About Ingredients
- Lyrical Connections: A Residency for Language Arts and Music Exploration
- Oh Give Me a Home - Music and the Kansas Prairies
- Rhythm, Rhyme and Riting (3rd-12th grade)
- Rhythm, Rime and Rhyme: Phun with Phonemes (K-2nd grade)
- Singing for Our Lives: Songs that Changed a Nation (6th-8th Grades)
- STEM: Loud and Quiet (K)
- STEM: Low and High (K)
- STEM: Rhythm, Rhyme, Riting...and STEM! (3rd-12th grade)
- STEM: Science of Sound Residency (6th-8th grade)
- STEM: The Science of Sound is All Around (3rd-5th grade)
- Stories to Songs: Wisdom for a New Generation (5th-12th grade)
- The Candy Mountaineers: The Folk Songs of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger
- Transform Your Classroom with Arts Integration
- When We Gather