Ages 36 – 60 Months
- Designed to support the very young child’s social, emotional, intellectual, and motor development through quality arts interactions with adults
- Interdisciplinary performing arts: music, drama and movement
- Multisensory—using props, gestures, sounds, etc.
- Book-centered—fostering language/literacy development
- Taught by senior-level Wolf Trap Teaching Artists and a child development specialist
What to expect in an ArtsPlay™ Class
- Parents/caregivers and children arrive and become familiar with the space.
- Teaching Artists, parents/caregivers, and children participate in Warm-Up activity.
- Teaching Artists and children move into the Imagination Room* while the parents/caregivers remain in the waiting area.
- Teaching Artists lead children through integrated performing arts experiences in the Imagination Room.
- Toward the end of each class, one Teaching Artist will leave the Imagination Room and join the parents/caregivers in the waiting area to discuss the strategies introduced during the class and ways to extend the experiences at home.
- Teaching Artist and children finish class and join parents/caregivers.
- Parents/caregivers and children are welcome to remain and socialize in the waiting area.
We ask that parents remain in the Warm-Up space during the main part of class. Your child will get the most out of this program if he/she is able to develop a positive relationship with the Teaching Artist. We believe that your child may have a more difficult time developing a relationship with the Teaching Artists while you are present.
Board of directors