Rob Simon is an experienced performer/trainer/consultant who has worked with school systems and various other agencies from coast to coast. He is a former junior high social studies teacher, and also spent 12 years as a K-12 teaching specialist in a Drug and Violence Free program for schools and communities. With a masters degree in communication, Rob is also a long-time singer/songwriter who uses music as a primary tool in his work. See http://www.positiverhythm.org/ for more information.
Rob also performs as part of the duo “Mirror Images.”
If you’ve never had Rob do this performance for your school – you should! He is absolutely wonderful in connecting with kids …. Rob is an amazing educator and artist!
M. Waters, Black Elementary, Wichita
All students were engaged and hang on every word Rob shared.
L. Bertog, 5th grade, Bostic Elementary, Wichita
Rob presented information on a topic where he modeled sequencing of his ideas logically, used appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details to support the theme of his presentation. Our goal in having Rob at Anderson was to motivate our students to do their best on the State Assessments. Rob exceeded our goals. The students are still discussing the message he shared.
L. Simnitt, Principal, Anderson Elementary, Wichita
Our students definitely enjoyed Rob’s lesson on drug awareness.
C. Towey, Woodland Health & Wellness Magnet
- Creative Stage Performance
- Developing a Culture of Respect
- Empowering Young People: Simple & Powerful Tools for Your Toolbox
- GET F.A.T.
- High Stuff, Sly Stuff and Try Stuff or Drugs, Decisions and Alternatives
- Imitation of Life: Fine Arts in Prevention Training
- Introduction to Songwriting
- Jigsaw Puzzles and Patchwork Quilts
- Making a Difference With Improv
- Music With A Message
- Pop, Hip Hop & What Not - Popular Music as a Learning Tool
- The Vocal Band
- Thematic Assemblies
- Writing Music Even If You Can't Read It
- You Are What You Think